Am at the moment relaxing in one of the nicest houses I've ever been to in my life. It's got 2 storeys and a basement, connected by a spiral staircase! It is just so nice to be in a real house again...have a tv right there and not actually have to travel on the next day.
We're staying with Ashlea's old host family who she stayed with for a year way back when. They are just so nice and accommodating. You should see the food! In Germany their main meal is lunch, so it's a huge family affair, everyone meets and eats and eats and eats...then eats some more. Today we had beef strogonoff and strawberries with custard for dessert. I'm in heaven.
To be honest it is my quietest time this whole trip because everyone is speaking German and I really have no idea what's going on most of the time, but it's still cool. I catch onto the occassional word...
Yeah so we're just chilling out here for about 5 nights, doing washing and all the boring stuff. Already in two days we have watched two movies and about a whole season of The OC. More TV to come.
On Tuesday it all begins again when we have a long train ride to Berlin. From now on I don't think I'll get homesick as we'll be on the go constantly. We have two months of our train passes left and still have to do Germany, Prague, Vienna, Switzerland, Italy, Greece..and get to France in good time to see a bit of Spain, visit Elsa (Ashlea's French exchange student) and get to England before time runs out! Wish us luck!!
The Adventurers
Above: Emma the Scot
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
hey girls must be great to finally feel like u have a house and not have to pack up and go everyday. hope u to r having fun.
im back in ballarat so cold. lol
love yas
dani
also thanx girls for the pos card got it today.
love dani
still havent seen my postcard
Post a Comment