After my last post and a lot of cheap seafood as well as fresh fruit and cocktails, have come to the conclusion that my stomach doesn't appreciate changes that dramatic! Since Monday I have had "toilet issues" and haven't felt very well at all. I'm better now though but yeah, not very nice at the time!!
Other than that Zanzibar was aload of fun. My tan is coming along nicely and I even almost went scuba diving...long story.
On Wednesday a group of 8 of us booked in with PADI to complete a try dive on the reef about an hour off the island. Well...so excited about it but still a little ill (as mentioned previously) I took a load of pills to stop my sickness from the sea and from 'the other end.' WELL..it was so rough that day, windy and in an open sided dodgy looking boat, I was a little sceptical. We had to wade out to the boat from the shore which drenched us right up to our necks, then endure the hour and a half cruise out, wind howling, no dry clothes, so cold. When there it wasn't really a shallow reef, just a slightly less deep part of ocean, a bit scary really. The waves were huge and Bex (a cool English girl from my tour) and I were in the second group to go out so we had to wait in the boat for them to finish. I started feeling a little sick and then very sick and with no toilet on board I was kinda scrunched in a ball wanting to spew or poop and not being able to do either due to the drugs. Obviously I didn't dive and just felt horrible for the boat ride back as well as all afternoon. As a further kick in the guts the dive company made me pay US$80 still! I was so annoyed but too ill to argue. Yeah...not nice. So sorry Ben, I did try but I'm afraid I am now put off for life.
On a more positive note I am absolutely fine now and tomorrow I'm off the the Serengeti! Cute lions and cheeters and giraffes here I come! I have to wait until Europe to be able to add photos as the computers here are very slow...but you will see them eventually.
Love you all
Keep posted
The Adventurers
Above: Emma the Scot
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh you poor thing! That sounds awful!
And you still had to pay!!! SUCKY!!
You can't let that stop you for life though, diving is such an awesome experience! I can't wait to go again! Maybe in Hawaii on my way home.
You girls take care!
Miss you both heaps!!! xoxox
p.s. can't wait to see some photos!
I didn't know ash had a blog!
Tell her to post! I wanna hear all about how she is going too!!!
Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.
ahh....
WHAT?
Post a Comment