Okay...so for those of you who haven't heard, I may have been a bit of a ditz and lost my passport temporarily in Africa. Yep, stuck in Tanzania, having to leave the tour group and making Ash come along with me (of course).
It was so scary at the beginning when I realised it was missing...just packing for the final day's driving to the Kenya border and it wasn't where I left it. After a massive panic and maybe a bit of a cry (being stuck in Africa not my ideal lifestyle choice) we sort of sat down and went back over where I'd last had it out and everything. Our awesome tourguide Sami called the place that I thought to ask if they'd found anything-no luck. This was quite late at night and we were to be leaving early in the morning. We were thinking up plans to sneak me over the border to the Australian Embassy but then decided to take the safer option and report it missing to the police. Early in the morning the next day Sharon (Ashlea's Mum), Sami and I went to the police station to make a report but Sami thought he'd try the place one more time. This time they found it...totally unknown why they couldn't find it the night before.
They lady was really nice and helpful, being an Aussie helped as well I think. She organised for it to be flown up with an African postal service that afternoon. We said our goodbyes to everyone on the truck and were for the first time alone without anyone to guide us. We had to cancel our flights that were supposed to be for that night, book accommodation and find cheap food. African time being African time the passport's departure was delayed to the night, then to the morning and then later in the morning. Eventually (about 15 minutes before Ash and I were going to give up and cancel our flights once again) it arrived and we were on our way.
SO at this present moment I am sitting in an internet cafe below my apartment (yep APARTMENT) in Paris. I am so tired as it is 9.27pm now and I have been awake since 7am yesterday...planes are so uncomfy to sleep in!
Today we went to the Eiffel Tower, up on the lift and down on the stairs, to Arc de Triumph, to some famous shopping strip um...Elyees Mt Parness or something....WOW GUYS, round and round and round and round on the underground rail networks and yeah, can't wait for bed. But this city is so beautiful and romantic, it really is...couples everywhere.
What an adventure!
The Adventurers
Above: Emma the Scot
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
are the french really as snobby as everyone says?
no not really...many snobby looking rich ladies tho.
ash and i have been hit on a few times by yukky looking french men.
Post a Comment